Pediatric Foot Care From Our New York Podiatry Practice
In many cases, children face a different set of foot and ankle problems than their adult counterparts. Working with a podiatrist with training and experience in coping with pediatric issues can help you and your family to manage these problems more effectively. At Foot & Ankle Restoration of Co-Op City, the Bronx, we offer the most practical and positive solutions for your child’s podiatric issues in a caring and compassionate environment.
What Do Pediatric Podiatrists Do?
Podiatrists who specialize in pediatric applications can treat a wide range of issues, including the following:
- Resolving deformities of the feet and ankles that are present from birth
- Correcting malformed or misaligned bones and joints in these areas
- Treating fractures and sprains caused by playtime activities or organized sports events
- Draining and treating puncture wounds and abscesses that result from cuts and splinters that are not treated promptly
- Repairing ingrown toenails to reduce their impact on mobility
- Performing developmental check-ups to ensure that feet are growing properly
- Prescribing corrective orthotics devices to protect feet and to reposition bones for greater mobility during childhood and throughout the rest of the child’s life
Because the bone and muscle structures of children’s feet are much smaller, podiatrists who specialize in pediatric procedures will usually use advanced equipment to diagnose issues with the bones, muscles and ligaments of the foot and ankle. The pediatric team at Foot & Ankle Restoration has access to the most advanced equipment and the most practical solutions for podiatry issues among even the youngest children in our care.
Signs Your Child May Need Podiatric Treatment
Along with congenital malformations that may require surgery or corrective orthotics, the friendly and knowledgeable pediatric team at Foot & Ankle Restoration can provide assistance with abnormal gait or foot positioning during the toddler years. We can offer practical solutions for all types of pain and discomfort that your children may experience because of flat feet, uneven growth patterns for bones and tendons and other minor aches and pains. Foot & Ankle Restoration is here to help you build a foundation for a lifetime of healthier feet for your children.
If you are looking for podiatry services for children in Co-Op City or anywhere in the Bronx, give our New York podiatrists a call today at 718-671-2233. The team at Foot & Ankle Restoration will be happy to work with you to provide the best podiatric services for you and your family.