Injuries to the bones of the ankle or foot can affect your mobility and can have both short-term and long-term implications for the health of these parts of your body. Seeking help from a qualified specialist is often the best way to deal with ankle and foot fractures. At Foot & Ankle Restoration, we offer the practical help you need to address fractures of the ankle or foot and to promote the fastest healing.
Convenient Locations for Your Needs
The podiatry experts at Foot & Ankle Restoration offer appointments that work with your schedule. If you have an emergency involving injuries to or fractures of your ankle or foot, we can often work you into our schedule with a same-day appointment. Our location at Co-Op City in the Bronx is conveniently located within easy driving distance of many of our patients. Our team of medical professionals will work with you to make sure you receive the care you need when you need it most.
Types of Ankle and Foot Fractures
Foot and ankle fractures are usually diagnosed using X-rays to determine the precise location of the break. Fractures of the feet usually fall into one of the following categories:
- Toe fractures are often painful. These issues, however, can generally be resolved by taping or other minor medical procedures.
- Heel fractures are significantly more serious and usually result from a fall or a jump. Many instances of heel fractures require surgery to resolve successfully.
- Metatarsal fractures are often treated with protective specialty shoes that take some of the weight off the affected bone. These painful fractures may also require surgery in some cases.
Ankle fractures are classified in the following ways:
- Lateral malleolus fractures involve the fibula on the outside of the ankle and can make it difficult and painful to walk.
- Medial malleolus fractures affect the tibia.
- Bimalleolar and trimalleolar fractures affect both the fibula and the tibia in the ankle. Surgery or immobilization casts may be required for these serious injuries to the bones of the ankle.
The podiatry experts at Foot & Ankle Restoration can resolve these and other fracture issues to help you stay mobile and healthy now and in the future.
At Foot & Ankle Restoration, we offer a range of solutions for you and your family in treating ankle and foot fractures effectively. Give us a call today at 718-671-2233 to schedule your first appointment with our office in Co-Op City in the Bronx. We look forward to the chance to serve you.